Saturday, April 16, 2011

Win...Lose....or Pass Out

The big 5K race is only a few hours away.  While I know there is NO WAY on this good green earth that I will win anything, I hope and pray that I don't come in drop out pass out.  I just want to finish, even if it's lunch time - do you think there will still be people watching by then.

I now have my official number and my official t-shirt.  I am a bit overwhelmed that the race begins at 7a and the first required session for me is at 9a....that's two hours to complete the race, pass out, be revitalized, pass out again, and then shower and get ready for the opening session for the day.  Seriously?  Who thought up this schedule?

Thank goodness for my friend Sheila, she will make sure that I do not give up on the race tomorrow even when I'm dying.  We joked that my husband will most likely run the race and then come back and walk with us - he claims he may just walk, but I know when he gets the fever - the running fever, he will be gone.

Sounds like there is a good group of folks participating so it will be run, win, lose, or pass out!

Will keep you posted on the verdict tomorrow.
Alycia

No comments: